Although I am speakingly negatively about my experience, I do think that these are all things that are important to consider in regards to my potential audience. I need to remember that it is a game and that it needs to be fairly quick paced and to- the- point in order to be successful.
So, I do need to keep in mind:
- TIME: keep each portion of the narrative short and decision making limited
- PLOT: the plot doesn't need to be wildly complicated to be interesting/fun
- INTERACTION: a choice can be as simple as deciding to go left or right
- FUN: the novelty of the game playing interaction or core mechanic will provide a certain element of fun- not to be overlooked.
- AUDIENCE: keep the game appropriate to the age of your reader/player
I did read that some of the other books in the series dealt with more historical fiction and/ or political type topics. I am going to try to get my hands on one of these books, however I do feel that these books are like a one liner joke in that you get what they are about within 5 minutes.